A boxy loose fitting womens top. Pulls on over head and has short sleeves. Round neckline with facing. The front of the top features patchworked sections. The back is plain.
SIZE BY BUST - these 5 sizes on pattern sheet
Small: 100 - 109cm / 39 - 43” 114cm
Maximum finished size for Small = 45”
Medium: 109 - 114cm / 43 - 45” 120cm
Maximum finished size for Medium = 47”
Med/Large: 114 - 120cm / 45 - 47” 126cm
Maximum finished size for Med/Large = 49”
Large: 120 - 126cm / 47 - 49” 130cm
Maximum finished size for Large = 51”
XLarge: 126 - 132cm / 49 - 52” 136cm
Maximum finished size for XLarge = 53 1/2”
There are multiple ways the design could be interpreted and here are some of the designers suggestions:
1) make as a “bojagi” type patchwork, with the garment made in a sheer fabric like silk or organza and with either flat felled seams or french seams on the outside of the garment.
2) patchwork made in 2, 3 or more solid colours.
3) patchwork made in a combination of stripes in varying directions. Stripe fabrics of varying widths could be used and even different colours.
4) patchwork made in a combination of solid colours and prints.
5) Make the centre front V section in a sheer or lacy fabric and the remainder in solid.
6) To make the black and red version with textile art embellishment as shown on the Aurana Top cover page visit my blog at www.pearlredmoon.com and download the link given to the FREE TUTORIAL in the right side bar.
The tutorial is for a fabric embellishment technique that can be used as a surface applique on clothing. In it I outline how to apply the piece that is made to the Aurana Top. However, experienced sewists could easily use the technique to apply to any other item of clothing. The tutorial is available to anyone for free, without any obligation or need to purchase the Aurana Top PDF sewing pattern.
The tutorial is viewed in Adobe Reader and can be printed on 5x A4 pages. It consists of text instructions, pictures, diagrams, along with the specific steps to apply the decorative piece to the Aurana Top. To make the black and red version of the top as seen in the picture shown here, this tutorial needs to be used in conjunction with the Aurana Top PDF pattern.
PDF sewing patterns
NO REFUNDS ON DIGITAL PRODUCTS
It’s not my policy to give refunds to purchasers who realise after buying that they can’t open the file on their particular device, for example a chromebook, ipad or tablet. Pattern files will open on a PC as they are saved in .pdf format which is read onscreen in Adobe Reader.
From a PC the PDF pattern and instruction booklets can be printed on a home printer that is connected to the PC. If you don’t have a home printer there are other options such as emailing the file directly to a copy shop or saving it on a memory stick (usb) and taking it there for printing. AO files are large paper sheets that allow the pattern to be printed without the necessity of taping multiple A4 pages together. AO files can only be printed at a copy shop on a wide format specialist printer and the business will charge a price per page for this service.
Please be aware that some browser devices such as Chromebooks, tablets and ipads have limited functionality and may not run the programs necessary for opening the file format. Sometimes apps can be installed that facilitate the necessary programs on those devices and this something you need to know in advance before buying your PDF pattern.
You can still buy a pattern even if you only have a browsing device if you’re prepared to do one of these options
• email the file to your own PC, a friends, one in a workplace or even in a public library to access the file. In a public library you'll be able to print to their printer for a price per page.
• email the file directly to a copy shop and have them print either the AO or PDF versions.